Dear Masters, Huntsmen and Members:
The Virginia Foxhound Club and I would like to thank everyone who brought hounds to our show last year. It is an honor to have you at the show. This year our show is Sunday, May 26th at Morven Park, Leesburg, VA.
- We are excited about this year’s Show. We have been working diligently to make this a very special weekend for exhibitors and spectators alike. Let me share with you some improvements for this year’s show. These include:
- All show entries MUST be made on-line through the electronic registration form. Payment must be made upon registration. All major credit cards, paypal or e-checks are accepted.
- Reservations and payment for the cocktail dinner, May 25, can also be made through the website. Those submitted after the RSVP date will be subject to a late fee. Reservations are limited so we encourage prompt responses. This sporting affair under the tent is a great time and value. PROFESSIONAL HUNTSMEN, EXHIBITING HOUNDS WHO RSVP ON LINE BY THE DUE DATE WILL BE OUR GUESTS THAT EVENING AT NO COST.
- As before, we will host the National Horn Blowing contest the night before the show at our dinner on the lawn. Those interested in competing may register on-line or night of at check-in.
- New this year, we will have a judge for ladies to enter a fancy hat contest at the dinner. Winner will receive a $100 gift certificate that can be used at any vendor tent on the show grounds.
- As Always, the hospitality shed is available to all exhibitors to grab a drink or snack throughout the show weekend.
- This year we will again have the Knights of Columbus assisting with parking. In addition, we are pleased to announce there will be a shuttle bus to shuttle exhibitors and spectators from the parking area designated by Morven Park all day until the end of the Show.
Our new on-line payment capabilities will allow a streamlined entry process for exhibitors, vendors and attendees of the cocktail dinner. Please visit the web page (www.virginiafoxhoundclub.org) for all necessary show information. For those with questions on completing entries may contact our Show Secretary, Ms. Stuart Sanders at 804-436-4389 or you may email her at [email protected] If you have any questions you may contact my Show Chairman, Bob Ferrer, at 703-447-2816 or you may email him at [email protected] You can download the prize list and the dinner invitation from our website www.virginiafoxhoundclub.org. All entries must be completed on line by May 1, 2019. Your Parking Pass will be mailed to the name and address of the person in your Hunt you designate when you enter on-line. You may also renew your Virginia Foxhound Club dues of $35.
I regret we must advise you that pets are not allowed on the show grounds the day of the show and no animals may be left in trailers or vehicles unattended that weekend. Animal control will be on the grounds throughout the weekend.
Please remember to bring polished trophys won last year back to the show so they can be presented at this year’s show.
The Show Conditions permit entering four (4) hounds per class, any two (2) of which may be shown. If more than four hounds are listed for an individual class, only the first four (4) will be entered and listed in the program. Our Secretary’s tent opens at 7:00am. You may make a maximum of five (5) substitutions per ring. The Secretary’s tent closes at 8:30am for any additional scratches or substitutions. Please be aware that your scratches and substitutions must be made before 8:30am on the day of the show.
As we did last year, we will hold the Junior Handlers Class in the English Ring and the Over 35 Couple Ring at noon on Sunday. The two Divisions (10 and under and 11-16 years old) will run simultaneously. We encourage pre-entering but will accept entries that morning but no later than 10am.
There is no food available on the show grounds except water, coffee, and small snacks in the hospitality room located at the end of the lower kennels. We suggest everyone bring a picnic lunch. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call the number listed above.
Joan Jones, President
Virginia Foxhound Club